Flu (influenza virus), also called as seasonal flu, is a highly contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. Flu is very spreading and a contagious respiratory sickness that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. There are people with higher risk of getting serious flu complications and this group of high risk includes:
- People in age group of 65 and older,
- young children (younder than 2 years old),
- people with certain health conditions (for example; asthma, people with sickle cell disease, people with heart problems, kidney and liver disorders).
There ate two types of flu which are types A and B. Those types spreads in people and they are responsible for seasonal influenza epidemics each year.
If you vere wondering how many people dies because of flu each year you will find the answer. World Health Organization says that it is even up to 650 000 flu deaths each year.
Flu vaccine-influenza prevention
The best way of prevention is to take a flu shot each year. Doctors explain that complications after flu can be like particularly pneumonia (bacterial pneumonia), ear infections, sinus infections or they can get even wore by this it is meant that influenza complications can create into congestive heart failure (in severe cases it can even be multi organ failure), asthma, or diabetes.
There are 8 types of influenza infection vaccine:
- Flu shot,
- Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine,
- Fluzone High Dose Seasonal Influenza Vaccine,
- Cell Based Flu Vaccines,
- The Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine,
- Flu Vaccination by Jet Injector,
- Adjuvanted Flu Vaccine,
- Recombinant Influenza Vaccine.
Who should be vaccinated? The answer is simple it is everyone 6 months of age and older. But it is also not that easy because not everyone should be vaccinated. There is a group of people that shouldn’t be vaccinated and it is:
- Of course children under 6 months,
- People with allergies on products that the vaccine includes and which are life threatening for those people.
Take care about your health, protect yourself and your loved ones flu vaccine will help you with that. Remember that influenza virus is an infectious diseases so don’t wait and get your flu shot.
Flu season- when is it?
Flu season mostly tend to happen betwen fall and winter . Studies shows that flu seaons are different for each country for exaple in The USA this season is between October and May, but it get’s he worst in February. For example in Australia, the flu season happens between May and Octobe, but usually peaks in August. It al depends of the tropical climate that country has. Average flu season tend to happen between December and February.
It is said by cdc that between 2019 and 2020 were estimate around 20,000 flu related deaths.
As is said by cdc from 2010 to 2020 the estimates presents that flu has coused 12,000 to 52,000 deaths annually. Also in this time flu coused 9 million to 41 million illnesses and 140,000 to 710,000 hospitalizations. And if we gonna look at global statistics world health organization says that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year it is almost unbelivable how many people die from the flu each year. Flu is not one specific virus. Flu is made up form so many different influenza strains which are circulating.
Disease Control and Prevention Center
Acctually (CDC) The Centers of Diseases Control and Prevention. This center create the expertise, information, and tools for people to protect their health. They help people by promooting health,preventioning diseases,injury and disability also and preparedness for new health threats.
- Annual influenza vaccination- This vaccination is recommended focr childen of age of 6 months and older,
- Complementing and analyzing information on influenza activity by the CDC allows for in depth exploration of influenza surveillance data,
- Infectious disease physician- are doctors that treat different kind of bateria. They take care about your health by healing people with communicable diseases. So maybe if you need any consutation that has connection with your flu you can contact this kind of doctor,
- Flu virus is definetly not the same as stomach viruses. Flu virus is so called respiratory virus,
- Respiratory viruses are the most common viruses for people. Respiratory viruses can be almost identical in symptoms of many different sicknesses,
- If you have flu don’t contact with other poeple expect you need medical attention,
- Economic impact of flu vaccine in The USA some time was $71.3 to $166.5 billion.