Is your period sometimes getting late? is this stressing you out? Or maybe you wish your period to come ealier before some special event in your life? most women doesn’t want to have their periods on holidays or at some kind of important event in their lives. Well here are some ways to make it show up faster.
Ways to speed up menstruation
- Hormonal birth control – If you are on hormonal contraception such as for example hormonal pills it is the most succesful methood to take control over your own menstrual cycles. Women can stop taking their hormonal birth control to have their periods earlier,
- Exercise – light exercise may loosen the muscles which can help your period come a little bit faster but this way is not confirmed by the studies,
- Reduce stress- Studies shows that stress in big dose have conections to irregular periods,
- Orgasm – Yes that’s right orgasm and sexual activity can also couse an early period,
- Diet – Weight has huge impact on menstrual period. Women with low body weight can often have problems with delayed periods or they may even not have their periods at all. Woman that is losing weight can also have problems with menstruation. It is all because body needs some fat to to produce hormones which are related to menstruation thats why women should eat foods rich in fat.
There are also some natural remedies faster period cycles, for example:
- Pineapple juice – Pineapple and pineapple juice is rich in bromelain which is said to may have affect estrogen,
- Vitamin C – huge ammount of Vitamin C can possibly effect on estrogen and progesterone levels which can cause inducing menstruation,
- Herbs – some people use herbs by using herbal tea for example chamomile some of people even drink parsley tea.
Reasons why your period might be late:
- Weight (too low or too high),
- Polycystic ovary syndrome,
- Hormone imbalances,
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes or celiac disease,
- Thyroid issues,
Let’s explain what menstrual cycle is. Menstrual cycle is the process of hormones that happenes each month in women bodies to prepare woman body for a possible pregnancy. If your periods are regullar at whole time between puberty and menopause you shouldn’t be worried because it means that you body is working perfectly. However there are women that has got very heavy periods and feel huge menstrual pain or even some of them gets premenstrual syndrome which colloquially is called PMS symptoms which fo example are mood swings. If so happens you can contact with your doctor and ask about ways of treating those symptoms.
Typical menstrual cycle
Menstrual cycle is different for each woman. Typical menstrual cycle lasts 28 days but as said before each woman can have different menstrual cycle length. Women menstrual cycles are still a regular menstrual cycle when it is between 24 to 38 days.
How to deal with menstrual pain
Period cramps can be very painfull which can make your life harder, but there are few things you can do to help yourself with this kind of pain, and here they are. For period pain you can do things like:
- Heating pad or warm bath – it is always good to have a heating pad at your home if you are a woman because it can help your period pain go away faster. Warm bath can relax you but it also increase blood flow. If you doesn’t have heating pad at home make yourself a warm compress. Warm compress can be done easly because it can even be just an simple hot water bottle,
- Have a safe painkiller like ibuprofen,
- Have a herbal tea which one of the natural remedies – there arent many scientific evidence that herbal teas help with period camps but it is said by the experts that teas has been used tradicionally and can help with this kind of pain,
- You can also try fish oil and think about taking vitamin like for example Vitamin B1,
- Acupuncture – yes this might help as well. It can help by relaxing the nervous system. Relaxing nervous system causes more robust blood flow,
- Birth control pill can also less the pain of period cramps,
- Bromelain supplements – can reduce pain, bromelain is a group of enzymes which are found in the fruit and stem of the pineapple plant so maybe try eating some pineapple for your period pain.
Types of hormonal birth control
There are different types of so called birth control method. Birth control sometimes called contraception is action mainly to prevent pregnancy but also is being used to regulate periods or reduce heavier periods. Some birth control methods like condoms can also lower the risk of of sexually transmitted infections. Methods of birth control are:
- Contraceptive diaphragm or cap – it is circular dome made of thin, soft silicone that is being put into the vagina before sex, It covers the cervix which prevent sperm of getting into the womb,
- Combined pill – birth control pill prevents the ovaries from releasing an egg each month,
- Condoms – There are two types of condoms external condoms- which are being used by man by putting them on penis and second type is woman condoms which are worn by woman inside their vegina,
- Contraceptive implant – it is tiny flexible plastic implant that is placed under your skin in upper arm. It releases the hormone progestogen to your bloodstream to prevent pregnancy and this kind of birh control is working for 3 years,
- Contraceptive injection – it is working for 13 weeks to prevent pregnancy after being injected to your bloodstream,
- Contraceptive patch – this is little sticy patch which releases hormones to your body through the skin,
- (IUD) intrauterine device or coil – it is plastic and copper device which is placed in your womb by doctor or nurse (works for between 5 to 10 years),
- (IUS) intrauterine system or hormonal coil – it is very similar to IUD but is working between 3 to 5 years which depends on the brand,
- Natural family planning (fertility awareness) – is a method which is focused on this that woman is monitoring and pays attention to different fertility signals during her menstrual cycle to know when she is likely to get pregnant,
- Progestogen only pill – this kind of birth control works on bases like thickening the mucus in the cervix to stop sperm reaching an egg, it is needed to be taken everyday to be working,
- Vaginal ring – this one is a small and soft ring that you place inside your vegina, ypu can start using it at any day of your menstrual cycle and leave it there for 21 days then do 7 days break after the break you have to put new ring inside.
There are also two irreversible methods of birth control, which are:
- female sterilisation – it is a operation that couse permanent prevention of pregnancy- this supery makes that the fallopian tubes are blocked or sealed (but you will still have your periods after it),
- vasectomy – this surgery is about cutting or sealing the tubes that carry a man’s sperm to permanently prevent pregnancy.
Can you get birth control pills online?
Yes you can get your birth control pills online. It is possible nowadays to get birth control pills online you just go on a website answer few questions that are about your health, then some doctor or nurse is going to get back to you and your pills are going to be delivered, most of the time right to your doors. As you can see it is a very easy and comfortable way to have your pills always on time, if you doesn’t have any extra free time to go to doctor so doctor prescribes you one.
When is the time you should see a doctor?
It is very important to remember that some of the things should go to your doctor immediately. You should see your doc if you have following symptoms :
- You you suspect that you might be pregnant,
- When you are missing your period 3 times already,
- When you are under 45 of age and your period stopped,
- When you are 55 and still are on your period,
- If your are having bleedings between your periods or sometimes even after sex,
- When you notice sudden change of your periods for example they re way heavier than before,
- When you are having postmenopausal bleeding (12 months after your period have stopped),
- When you are noticing bleeding while on hormone replacement therapy.
Can you get period while you are pregnant?
If woman is pregnant and will experience uterine bleeding it definetly won’t be because of period. When woman is pregnant she isn’t ovulating and what comes with that she wont be on her period. It is possible that pregnant woman will notice some kind of bleeding but it for sure will not be a menstrual blood. Bleeding in pregenacy is the most common thing to happen in their first trimester. Which can mean that woman has got some kind of infection, it can also unfortunetely mean pregnanacy loss or miscarriage but also it can accure after having sex which is quite normal thing.
Facts about period
Irregular menstrual cycles can be realived to stress so it is a good idea to relieve stress.
It it well known that Vitamin C can elevate your estrogen levels. So as you see vitamin c supplements may help you induce menstruation.
There are many stress levels. Those stress levels can have a huge impact on your stress levels. It can even make you have period early.
Pregnant women is not able to have period.